Tuesday, January 29, 2013

chickendiyguides.com

chickendiyguides.com


Click here for more images

... The high cost of a pre-built chicken coop? ...the lack of complete (from start to finish) chicken coop plans? ... The lack of chicken coop plans that have easy step-by-step instructions that the average homeowner can follow?

a good friend of mine, jim stanley, has been a poultry farmer for over 25 years. Every time the kids and i would visit his farm, they would bug me for weeks to raise our own chickens. A few years ago they finally wore me down and i started looking into raising chickens in my backyard.

just like you, i started with an online search to see where i could buy a chicken coop. i was shocked to see how much it cost for a pre-built chicken coop. The prices ranged from $500 on up to the thousands (and this didn t even include installation). I wasn t about to pay that kind of money, not even close. I was disappointed in my findings and was about to inform the kids that we weren t going to raise chickens, until i talked to my friend jim.

jim hadn t built a coop in years, but he too was shocked by the cost of a pre-built chicken coop. As i continued my research, i realized i wasn t alone. People were opting not to buy pre-built chicken coops, but were building their own.

i had no idea that thousands of people were building chicken coops in their backyard. But where were they getting their plans? i collected various drawings and do it yourself ideas but nothing was very organized. I purchased a few guides, but all were either incomplete......Read More detail



No comments:

Post a Comment